Translate

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

How can I overcome Satan?

17Aug10How can I overcome Satan? So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Come close to God and He will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world. James 4:7-8. I can overcome Satan when I humble me; my pride says I can do all in my own strength, which is why Satan fell. I can overcome Satan when I resist him in the name of Jesus; he flees because the only way to resist him is in the power of Christ's blood. I can overcome Satan by coming close to You, my God, because Your light dispels his darkness in me. I can overcome Satan when I wash my hands of the sins of who I was as a sinner saved by grace and who I am now clean as a child of God. I can overcome Satan when I purify my heart, look honestly at myself, embrace what is of You God and disregard what is of the world. Lord help me humbly resist Satan by coming close to You with clean hands and a pure heart. http://chastityhead4God.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your prayer requests and comments here, thanks :)