Translate

Friday, October 1, 2010

What is the ground of my assurance when I can’t see my faith?

10/1/10 The wind blows wherever it wants. Just as you can hear the wind but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going, so you can't explain how people are born in the Spirit. John 3:8. My faith rises and falls, it has degrees. But my security does not rise and fall, it has no degrees. The darkest experience for a child of God is when his faith sinks out of his own sight. Not out of God's sight, but his. Yes it is possible to be so overwhelmed with darkness that you don't know if you are a Christian-and yet still be one. God is the bottom of my faith; and when it disappears for a season from my own view, God sustains and protects the root of my faith from destruction.


WHEN THE DARKNESS WILL NOT LIFT-JOHN PIPER

Thank You Lord for being my security when my faith has been shaky. Forgive me for judging those who are your children but are struggling in their faith. Help me be light to their darkness not a destroyer of their faith.

http://chastityhead4God.blogspot.com

honeydosbyjimmyhead.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your prayer requests and comments here, thanks :)