Translate

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

How can I get out of the darkness feeding on my own self-absorption?

10/20/10 Feed the hungry, and help those in trouble. Then Your light will shine out of the darkness, and the darkness around you will be as bright as noon. Isaiah 58:10. I am trying to maximize my leisure instead of my service, trying to escape pressure instead of lean on God through it. I am self- absorbed not self- sacrificing; I am too oblivious not understanding enough; I am uncaring toward pain and suffering worse than my own not compassionate enough to try to ease the pain or stop and listen to the suffering. WHEN THE DARKNESS WILL NOT LIFT – JOHN PIPER Help me Lord find opportunities to serve those You have given me; taking my eyes off my darkness and focus on bringing and sharing light to and with others. http://chastityhead4God.blogspot.com honeydosbyjimmyhead.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your prayer requests and comments here, thanks :)