Translate

Monday, July 29, 2013

Titus 2:11-15 WEEK 6 SUMMER WOMEN'S BIBLE STUDY

Welcome to Week 6. Attend ONLINE by reading Titus 2:11-15 and adding your prayer requests in the comments section
Next week Monday, August 5th we will be studying Titus 3:1-8.

Bible study discussion leader
10AM to 11AM – Barbara Delmont(Sheila Lopez will be filling in next week)
7PM to 8PM – Chastity Head

Phone
Barbara – 760-243-7742 home
Chastity – 760-265-3309 call / text

July 29th 10 am, 7 pm and online classes.

THREE QUESTIONS
1. What is the passage about?
2. What do I learn from this passage?
3. How can I apply what I learn to my life?

AND / OR

FINDING GOD’S ATTRIBUTES (ENCOURAGE YOU TO MAKE AN ATTRIBUTES OF GOD JOURNAL)
Make a list of them – use them daily in prayer and worship– meditate on one specifically for the day- respond to what God wants you to learn from that one

Those in attendance today were Barbara, Chastity, Sheila, Sarah, Joann, Connie, Irene, Nina, Phoebe and Trinity at both our 10 am & 7 pm classes.
We had 2 children in attendance for childcare for the evening class only - Cost is free - DONATIONS ARE APPRECIATED :)

We studied Titus 2:11-15

THREE QUESTIONS
1. Attendees saw the passage as being about Salvation is by God’s grace and is available to all. God’s grace and salvation through the word teaches us that we should strive to be godly, long for eternal things, be self-controlled, do what is right and remember what it means to be Christ like. Focus on my heavenly home, on Jesus Christ returning for his church because He is a great God and the only Savior. He died for me when I was a sinner to forgive me of my sins and make me pure before Him so I could be His own and I strive to live to please Him. Talk about salvation, grace, being self-controlled, having hope for heaven, that I am a forgiven sinner that I live to please my Lord; encourage and direct from the authority in the word of God. People shouldn't look down on you but when they do its not you they are looking down on God.
2. Attendees learned God wants all to be saved. Because of God’s grace I am saved so I should try to be Christ like and remember this is not my home. Heavens my home and Christ is coming to take me there. Christ died for me, forgave me, and purified me so I live to please Him. My words should bring salvation, grace, hope, forgiveness, be pleasing to God, encouragement and direction.
3. Attendees are applying by asking themselves How am I showing God’s grace to all? Do I need to deny something ungodly in my life? Who can I share my hope with? What good work is God preparing in my heart for me to do? How can I speak in authority but not be despised?
FINDING GOD’S ATTRIBUTES
Grace, Salvation, Teacher, Righteous, Omnipresent, Blessed Hope, Glorious, Great, Savior, Sacrifice, Redeemer, Purifier, the Spoken Word, Encouragement, Judge, Authority, Despised in our place

6 comments:

  1. Joann's prayer is to stand strong against temptation.
    Connie's prayer is for improved health and complete healing.
    Barbara's prayer is to apply God's grace.
    Sarah's prayer is for healing from her cold.
    Irene's prayer is for her boyfriend's salvation, his improved mental health and to be a witness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. to make time with God a prioirity

    ReplyDelete
  3. prays for the opportunity to reach out to her aunt's family and for their salvation

    ReplyDelete
  4. prays for a job for herself, Marcy to have a day off with family time, peace, and clarity

    ReplyDelete
  5. prays to be an impact for God each day

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your prayer requests and comments here, thanks :)