Welcome to Week 1. Attend ONLINE by reading and adding your prayer requests and comments below :)
REMEMBER we are off next week for VBS, hope to see you there and will resume
July 1st 10 am, 7 pm and online classes.
WE WILL BE DOING July 1 Titus 1:1-4
1. What is the passage about?
2. What do I learn from this passage?
3. How can I apply what I learn to my life?
AND / OR
FINDING GOD’S ATTRIBUTES (ENCOURAGE YOU TO MAKE AN ATTRIBUTES OF GOD JOURNAL)
Make a list of them – use them daily in prayer and worship– meditate on one specifically for the day- respond to what God wants you to learn from that one
Those in attendance today were Nina, Barbara, Ginger, Crystal, Chastity, Sheila, Emiko, Katie and Trinity at both our 10 am and 7 pm classes.
Barbara asked for prayer in keeping in the Word
Ginger asked for patience, strength and peace
Crystal asked for salvation of a loved one and strength
Emiko asked for better understanding
Katie asked for Spirit-led wisdom
Chastity asked to live out her purpose.
We studied Bible Navigation
THE BIBLE IS
• The story of God creating, sustaining, ruling and redeeming His people
• Different versions-NIV, NKJV, KJV, ESV choose on app
• 66 writings by more than 40 authors-poetry, historical, teaching, and prophecy.
• Without error because God cannot lie.
THE STEPS TO NAVIGATE THE BIBLE
• Locate your version
• Locate your preface
• Turn to Table of Contents
o Old and New Testaments
o Some list books alphabetically- choose on app
o Some books have two parts
• Reference notations- Book[chapter]:[verse] Genesis1:3a first part of verse; Genesis1:3b second part of verse- on app use search function
• Other helps- apps require additional downloads
o Dictionary/ concordance
o Marginal references
o Cross references
THE MESSAGE OF THE BIBLE
• The Bible is the story of God creating, sustaining, ruling and redeeming His people.
• The Old Testament is the history of the Jewish people the Hebrews.
o 5 Books of Law-Genesis to Deuteronomy
o 12 Books of Israel’s History –Joshua to Esther
o 5 Books of Wisdom and Poetry- Job to Song of Songs
o 5 Major Prophets-Isaiah to Daniel
o 12 Minor Prophets-Hosea to Malachi
• The New Testament is the history, letters and prophecy for the church
o 5 Books of History-Matthew to Acts
o 21 Epistles –Romans to Jude
o 1 Prophecy-Revelation
THE WOMEN’S STUDY OF THE BIBLE
• Daily Study –set a time and place- answer three questions AND / OR find God attributes